Dear Guests, Residents, and Students;
We at the N.A.L.L. Art Association hope you will enjoy your stay in Vence. The peacefulness surrounded by the wonderful mountain views, along with the arts is a haven for artists. Vence is located fifteen minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean and the mountains of the French Alps. Please bring walking or hiking shoes, bathing suits and work clothes. There are many Roman trails surrounding Vence, and the Cagnes river is great for picnics, hiking and swimming. During your stay at the N.A.L.L., we request that you observe a few simple rules to make your stay and the Association more enjoyable.
- Arrivals may take the bus or taxis to Vence, and we can pick up in town . As planes are usually late in arriving at the Nice Airport, we have discontinued airport pickups. On the other hand, we gladly take student apprentices to the airport upon leaving.
- Houses and studios have baths and kitchen facilities that are in good working condition. Please keep them that way. Any abuse excluding normal use that requires repair will be charged to the resident.
- It is expected that the premises will be taken care of and please leave as clean as when you arrived.
- Please refrain from making alterations of any kind to the interior or exterior without permission. This includes fixtures, fittings, improvements, painting, or anything of the sort, unless permission is granted to do so. We welcome any fixing up of the houses, planting of flowers, etc..
- Furniture should not be removed from the premises, exchanged with other houses without permission, nor placed outside, as it will worsen in the hot Mediterranean sun. . Furniture or anything else will keep for the following students if you take care of it. Please do not damage it beyond normal wear and tear. If so, please notify the association.
- All residents must furnish proof of hospital and health insurance before arrival at the foundation.
- As an Art Foundation, we are very proud of our gardens. Its is expected that you will take care of the out-door space within 10 yards of a radius around your house.Please water and weed your gardens. There is a hose attached to each residence for this purpose and fire control.
- There are many natural herbs that grow in the south of France. Bay leaves, Rosemary, thyme, mushrooms, wild garlic, wild asparagus, that make cooking a pleasure. Many students become great cooks during their stay at the foundation.
No overnight guests are allowed without permission of the Association, as we are not responsible for those who do not furnish health insurance. There re several local cheap hotels to choose from within walking distance of the Foundation.
Day guests must obey the same rules of conduct as residents.
The association is not responsible for the daytime guest's well-being or accident insurance.
- As we lean toward positive energy, drugs are not allowed. Students under 21 should avoid using alcohol. Your stay will be terminated the same day if you are found using drugs.
- While children are not allowed, pets are. We have six dogs at the moment, and usually one of our babies attaches to a student, adopting him or her, and a summertime friendship is formed.
- Laundry is your responsibility. It may be hand washed or done from the one washing machine for the students in the R & B Cabin, and students are welcome to use it. Drying is on the line, sunny and fresh.....
- Please be respectful of others, their space and tolerant of their customs and habits. We are an international foundation, with guests from over the globe. Our board of directors frequent the foundation often , and the students are invited to meet them.
* Trash is to be disposed of in the bins located on the street at the end of the drive.
- A flashlight is necessary at night to travel stone pathways, unless you are out on a full moon , which is fascinating with the shadows of the olive trees. There are lightening bugs, stars and full moons that illuminate your night.
- Loud noises and disruptive behavior should be avoided after 10 p.m. to prevent disturbing your neighbors, unless the neighbors have been notified. The houses are some distance apart, so we usually don’t have a problem with dinner parties and hanging out.....We encourage meeting other residents, and making lasting friendships.
- We have never had a burglary, and feel safe in the woods within 8 minutes walking distance of Vence. Bicycles can be rented in Vence, as can be vespas. Public transportation is very good in France.
These are abbreviated rules, and each person is expected to read the full set of rules upon signing for your room. It is through your donation that the N.A.L.L. Art Association is able to operate. The association provides art, learning, and a relaxing retreat for you and others. We are also able to provide a learning experience for students to study abroad with other nationalities and brighten their horizons.
We thank you for your respect and time spent with us.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
The N.A.L.L. Art Association
232 Bd de Lattre
Vence, France, 06140
Tel 33 (0)493581326